We received our travel clearance call on Monday from Jan. I had just returned from a work meeting and saw that I had two missed calls on my cell and work phone. I saw the number and knew immediately that it was great news. My voice was lost when Jan told me; tears just welled up in my eyes and I knew that we were able to go get our Baby Love!
To say the least, things have been crazy trying to get travel arrangements completed and get things tidied up around the house and work. Although I still need to shower and finish packing, and go to the bank, and do a million other things I am feeling pretty good. I can sleep on our long flight tomorrow.
We leave tomorrow from the STL airport at 8:10 AM and arrive in Seoul Thursday at 4:10. We have about a 24 hour commute and loose about 15 hours on the way there. Don't do the math, just trust me; it is a long time. Our gotcha day (adoption terms for the day that we take custody of Chloe) is on Monday which is Mother's Day in St. Louis. Boo hoo- I am such a ball baby lately; just such an emotional time for me. Anywho, we come home on Monday at 1:40 PM. Our flight is AA1120 departing from Chicago O'hare Intl Airport. We arrive in Chicago around 10:35 AM on Monday, so if Shannon and Matt are free, maybe they will be the first of our family members to meet Chloe :)
We welcome any of our unemployed friends or family members to come meet Chloe at the airport on Monday :) Melanie confirmed that she does not have a Board meeting on Monday, so we know that we will have at least three guest there: Melanie, Thomas, and Teagan. And no, Chloe is not interested in any of your boys Melanie any Tyler.
I need to finish packing, so that's it for now! I am too tired to proof read so I am sorry in advance for my errors.
Jodie
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day to you!!! I can not believe that you will be home in STL with your baby girl in an hour!!! I am so excited for you both and I can't wait to meet her!!! I know you are going to be busy, but maybe I will see you Sat and Johnny's where Chloe could sample her first spedini...maybe just a small taste:):)
Hope to see the three of you soon!!!
I wish I would have seen this before now, Monday, 7:33pm...I would have been at the airport!!!
Enjoy your bundle of joy!!!
leisa
Post a Comment