Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back in The Lou







We made it back yesterday around 2:00 PM; and we were exhausted. We had a 20+ hour commute home.

We met Chloe for the first time on Friday at Eastern. During our first visit it was clear that she was very attached to her foster mother. About 30 minutes into the hour she began to warm up to us a little bit; Kevin more so than I. We were fortunate enough to schedule a Sunday visit with her hoping that it would with the transition. We met at 11:00 AM on Sunday which was right around her nap time, so she was not a happy camper most of the visit. She did warm up to us in the end though. I have attached a picture of our first family photo taken at the end of our first visit with her.

In between our two visits we stayed busy shopping, eating, site seeing, and taking a lot of pictures with our new camera. We hope to post them online by the end of this week. We had a great time, however were so anxious to get home. When the day finally did come to leave, it was filled with such strong emotions. Dr. Kim gave Chloe a blessing and the staff quickly brisked us away very quickly; I guess trying to avoid a long drawn out good bye. Chloe screamed for about 30 minutes into our ride to the airport and then calmed down. She definitely knows who her daddy is and feels very safe with him. The second picture posted was taken about an hour and a half after leaving; we were in the Seoul airport.

After the long ride home, we were greeted by friends and family. I was very surprised that everyone took off work and got the kids out of school early to come welcome her home. It was very sweet. They also decorated our house with signs and balloons which I still need to take pictures of and also take down. I'll get to that tomorrow. I have been a little busy lately being Kevin's assistant :)

Since Chloe is still warming up to me, Kevin is taking the lead and I am simply his assistant. It is quite funny. After getting home, we fed her and then she slept for 12 hours! We took turns holding her during the night. She woke up and 4:00 AM this morning and was hungry; and let me tell you, she can eat. She had rice and bananas and was the happiest little thing ever. We turned on our TV and she was memorized. The third picture was of her first TV experience with Baby Einstein and she is a huge fan. We are learning Chloe is a fan of Kevin, bananas, Baby Einstein videos, and these fruit puffs that I bought at Dierbergs. We also learned that she is not a huge fan of Iris tonight. Poor Iris scares her, however she was on her best behavior. She is such a sweet dog.

After we eat this morning, we played for a few hours, had an hour long melt down from 11:00-12:00 and then took a nap from 12:00 -6:30. It is clear that sleeping is her outlet for her grieving. Bless her heart.

Since we are taking it very low key this week, I plan to post new pictures daily since we know that everyone is dying to see her.
It is 1:30 in the morning so that's it for now.
Jodie


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! I am so glad you all made it home. I can't wait to read more. :)

Yvonne and Eric said...

Chloe is such a darling little cutie!! It's great to see your 1st family of 3 picture. I'm so happy for you!

Yvonne

Kindall Family said...

So happy to see the family of three! Sounds as if the adjustment is right on track...hang in there...it gets easier! We are home about 2 weeks now and Luci definitely knows Mommy and Daddy! We are praying for you!

Heather (Dillon forum)

tumbys2korea said...

Chloe is beautiful! We are praying the adjustment gets better. Love the pics and can't wait to see more!

ColleenT

kt said...

Welcome home and I am so happy for all 3 of you! So great to see the latest photos of you all! :)

kyleej891 said...

She is soooo cute and quite the little ham...she loves getting her picture taken, or at least it seems that way:) She does not even realize how lucky she is!!! Can't wait to see her and hold her!!

hamlin said...

You are such a beautiful family...

Alison Higginbotham said...

Gorgeous picture of the three of you. We can't wait to meet her! Keep posting the pics when you have time!