When our homestudy got approved in August our case worker told us that the agency would not be calling us for any other reason except when we receive our referral. I knew that, and think I may have even told some friends or family that same thing too. Well, for some reason this past Thursday night when our agency called us, the thought of a referral had not even crossed my mind. We had just gotten to Panchero's to eat and to listen to our brother-in-law sing when my phone rang. It was MaryAnn letting us know that our CIS paperwork got approved. I thought nothing of it, and was truely just happy that it had been finally approved. I told her that she had made my night, and she quickly replied " No, I didn't". So, I responded back and said "Oh, yes you did, actually you made my week. Thank you so much". She again said, "No I haven't. Go get Kevin".
It took about 2.2 seconds for me then to realize what was going on, and I went into full freak out mode. I wish that I would have remained cool, calm and collected, however there were too many witnesses around that know better, so I cannot lie. I started yelling for Kevin across the restaurant in poor MaryAnn's ear.
We went outside and received the best news we both had ever been delivered. They had a referral for us! My heart sunk. I do not remember the conversation verbatim, however MaryAnn let us know the baby was 5 months old, weighed just under 6 lbs at birth, and was a girl. And, I knew at that very moment that it was her, it was my daughter. Even though the call was over so fast, I think Kevin and I both realize that we would not forget for a second how we both felt.
After reviewing all of the medical information with our health care providers, we accepted the referral of Shi Ha. We have named her Chloe Rae. I have attached some pictures.
8 comments:
Absolutely beautiful. I love the description of your call! How wonderful. We are so happy for you and are praying for quick time to TC...this waiting time is hard but well worth it!
Sunny K (from the forum)
OMG..is she not the most beautiful thing ever! CONGRATULATIONS!
CourtneyJ (Dillon Forum)
she is so beautiful! enjoy this feeling of bliss!
JessicaCo (from forum)
So precious! That call always comes when you will least expect it! Congrats!
Dania (from the forum)
She's GORGEOUS!!! Daddy is going to have a lifetime of heartache ahead of him. But what a blessing that will be. So excited for you.
Little girls are the best!!
Amanda (Dillon Forum)
What a precious daughter you have! Thanks for sharing your call story with us - it's always so fun to share in others' excitement!
Now come on legals!!
Yvonne (Dillon)
I know I told you that night when you got the call, but had to also comment on the blog...this is just the BEST news! She is so adorable and I am completely thrilled for you and Kevin - you two will be the greatest parents! Oh and I love the name you have chosen for your daughter too - I cannot wait to meet her in person.
While the next several weeks may seem like an eternity until you get to bring her home, it will probably go by faster than you think.
Congratulations again!
OMG!!! This is so exciting, I couldn't help but get tears of joy for you both while reading your post!!! She is so gorgeous and I love her name!! I bet you want her NOW:):):) I can not wait to see and hold her!!! I can just imagine how excited you and Kevin are. Hoping that the time before you get her flies by...well, I guess you need a little time to get things together!!! YOU ARE A MAMA!!! I am beside myself!!! Love you both!!!
Post a Comment