Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year's Resolution #9

Help Iris loose 10 lbs.
When Kevin took Iris in for her annual shots last year, we were informed by our vet that Iris was 96 lbs and needed to loose 10 lbs. So, one of my 2009 NY resolutions is to help her loose the holiday weight. Before we get started, I thought it would be worth a trip to our vet to have her thyroid checked out since she was borderline low on our last visit. She now weighs 98 lbs and it turns out that she is still borderline low, however not low enough to treat. The vet also recommended that we test her for Cushings disease.
Today we got the good news that it too was negative!! SO... Iris is officially on a diet. She was being fed 4 cups of adult dog food a day, which I found out tonight is the same amount that Kristi feeds her dogs who just so happen to be a little large too (clue #2).
So, on Saturday, Iris started her new diet of half diet food and half green beans. We also learned that she does not need a treat every time she comes in anymore since she has been potty trained now for 3 1/2 years.
Before I met Rachel at the gym, I had the pleasure of telling Kevin that he needed to get a Urine sample from Iris. I thought you all may enjoy some pics!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it...those times when the vet says, bring a sample are always tough, esp. if it urine sample and a female dog - I know from experience with Fiona when she was a puppy and got a bladder infection.