Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Does it seem like 3 months already??

Yesterday was our 3 month anniversary of having Chloe home with us. The time has flown by so fast. I sat at my desk today (of course being very productive) and found myself staring at her referral picture that I have on my PC. Of all of the thousands, yes you read that right, thousands of pictures that we have taken of her, that one little picture still remains to be my favorite. It's funny that is still brings tears to my eyes; I am not sure how long that will last. Maybe forever.

To celebrate, I made a delicious cake. It was a box cake that we had in our pantry for the past few years. Since it expired in October of this year, I thought what the hay.. I'm gonna make this cake! And there; I made the cake. I added some butterscotch chips to it and it really is wonderful. I can really add the mix with the 3 eggs, water and oil together really well.

Kevin and Chloe are up at Panchero's now, but when she comes home I have decided that I am going to let her have a little. I think she is going to love it. She really liked the gooey butter cookie that I let her taste a few weeks ago. We also went to this wonderful Korean bakery last weekend and she was also fond of the items that we picked up. I think I am seeing a pattern in that Chloe likes her sweets.

Chloe got to meet her grandparents this past week; Earl and Debbie who are in from Tampa. Oh, and if you live in the So Co area and see a little maroon Ford truck driving by, watch out, Earl is on the roads. He is driving all over the town, he had already gone through $40.00 in gas! He has been meeting all of his brothers and sisters, friends from HS, going to restaurants, making trips to the local dumpsters, you name it and Earl is doing it. You'd never know that he just had eye surgery and still is seeing a large black dot in one of his eyes (I told you to watch out :) )
I will post some pictures of thier trip soon.

2 comments:

Becky and Bruce said...

Jodie! Tell me you are talking about St. Louis Korean Bakery - or I think they also called it Kim's Korean Bakery off Olive??! WE WERE JUST THERE!! And the girl at the counter said another family was in recently who had adopted a baby from Korea. Bruce and I looked at eachother and we both said, "I bet it was Jodie and Kevin!" HAHA! So funny, if it's the same bakery! They are very, very good. Bruce had to buy some sandwich bread, because he has been craving it since he had it at Eastern. Okay, sorry this is so long :)

kyleej891 said...

Love the thoughts on that first picture...that is where it all began...love at first sight:) I can't wait until we can get the two fo them together!!