Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A New Post by Jodie

So, I could have easily added this information to the post that I just created, but thought it would look better if I add a new one out here. So her goes.

Kevin and I are really excited that we found out in early September that our Home Study did get approved and we are now on the "official" (yes, it is really "official" hence the quotations) waiting list.

So, what this means is that we really just hang around and wait for awhile until our time comes. Right now there are 7 people ahead of us; however TWO of them got referrals this week!!!!! The current estimated wait time is 12 months, however I have noticed that a lot of people are getting their referrals around 6-8 months. So, we hope this trend continues.

In Korea, they are trying to promote adoption in their own country. They currently wait 5 months before allowing any baby to be available for international adoption. So, we expect to get a referral of either a baby girl or boy around the age of 5 months old. We then would expect to wait another month or two until all legal paperwork has been completed. Kevin and I would love to travel over to Korea, however will do so based upon our financial situation at that time. We have been paying for the expenses up to this point out of pocket, however will be applying for grants and possibly a loan. We are also going to try to raise funds through a Garage Sale. Also, if you know of any travelers that would like to donate any airline miles, Kevin and I would also be willing to take them off of their hands :)

Our Garage Sale is going to be October 25th. If you have any items that you would like to donate we would really appreciate it. You can contact me by posting, emailing or calling (j_stecher@hotmail.com) or call 314 270-3573. We would take care of all of the accommodations.

That's it for now. Take care.
Jodie

3 comments:

kyleej891 said...

OMG!!! So if things keep moving along smoothly and quickly you could have your baby in April??? Am I doing that correctly??? How awesome would that be!!!

Jodie and Kevin said...

We are thinking the best case could be around June since that would be around 8 months of waiting and then two months for travel clearance. Just in time for the pool season!

kyleej891 said...

Yay, you can tote your little one to the pool and everyone will wonder how you got your figure back so quickly:):) That is going to be so exciting.....I can not wait to meet him/her!!! Our first little baby in SUCH a long time. We have definately had a baby drought in our family:):)